Flip-Dot Boards XY5 – Make your installation look differently
Flip-Dot Boards XY5 are made of XY5 strips which has been designed to build larger displays. The boards are equipped with XY5 boards controllers. Fixing points allows to construct arrays. Lack of margins ensures continues display area.
- construction frame,
- RS485 data source (can be a PC with RS485 output, Arduino, etc.),
- power supply (24V).
Typical applications include
- graphical artistic installations
- interactive installations
- information signs and displays
- message boards
We are offering various sizes in order to fit your requirements, always in two disk diameter: 13.5mm (0.53") or 8.9mm (0.35").
- available dots sizes: 8.9mm (0.35"), 13.5mm (0.53")
- available dots colors: white, yellow, green, orange, red and mirror (all other colors upon request)
- available resolutions: 28 × 14, 28 × 7, 7 × 7, 7 × 1
- supply voltage: 24V DC
- control interface: RS485
- protocol: proprietary - available upon request
See also: custom made Flip-Dot Wall.
GALAXY Split Scan installation
Samsung Electronics Japan opened a pop-up Galaxy Studio at Roppongi Hills, Tokyo in December 2012. “Split Scan” installed in the exhibition section expresses the innovative new technology and functionality of Galaxy, Samsung's series of mobile computing devices produced.
A 4.3 meter wide wall consists of a flip-dots display and an original program using a range image sensor. When you stand in front of the wall, it scans your movement and shows it in real-time on the display.
Flip-Dot Wall for Media Ambition Tokyo
Flip-dot display featuring digital zapping system. Exhibited at Media Ambition Tokyo, held from Friday 15th until Sunday 17th February 2013 at Roppongi Hills.
Reactive super-speed 30fps electromagnet dot display for TNT's “Perception”
For more details please visit http://breakfastny.com